Wireless charging pads is a device used for recharging batteries of electrical devices with no physically connected cables. It is a reliable, suitable, and safe technology to power and charge electrical devices. Moreover, it offers cost-effective, efficient, and safer advantage over traditional charging devices by eliminating the use of physical connectors and cables. The complete system is consisting of charging pad and battery. The electrical energy is measured so the charging pad and battery can communicate with each other. This permits the charging pad to confirm that a valid battery is in place before it transmits full power to the battery. Moreover, the most common wireless technologies in usage depend on an electromagnetic field between a two copper coils, which significantly restrict the distance between a device and a charging pad.
Continuously rising demand for smartphone and other wireless computing devices. Furthermore, growing demand for wireless charging pads in automotive sector and along with that, increasing need for wireless charging pads at public places such as restaurant, gardens, malls, and others. All these factors create the market for wireless charging pad in up-coming years.
Leading companies operating in information technology sector have been working towards advanced development so, offering various advance feature in wireless charging pads. In addition, compatibility issues and longer charging time creates the barrier for wireless charging pad market growth. Along with that, lack of technological awareness and effective government regulations. All these things hamper the wireless charging pad market. Some of the key players in the market include SAMSUNG, Spigen, Inc, LG Electronics, ESeekGo, RAVPower, NILLKIN, Belkin International, Inc., Aircharge, Rui Da Sheng Technology（Shenzhen) Co., Ltd., and Energizer Holdings, Inc.
Trends and Future Outlook:
- Growing technological advancement for city infrastructure creates the demand for the wireless charging pads.
- In recent years, demand for wireless charging pads in automobile industry have become a major trend.
- Many emerging countries investing in development of smart cities which creates the market for wireless charging pad market.
- In September 2020, Samsung launches wireless charging pad which supports charge for three devices together.
- In September 2020, Spigen PowerArc announces their first magnetic wireless charger which is specifically designed for iPhone 12.